Welcome

This is my blog for posting my works of art for MLP:FiM

Monday, June 20, 2011

My Journey Into Desktop Ponies

Last week I rediscovered desktop ponies and found that it had infinity improved since I last tried it. The community had kind of created a standard look to the ponies and the ponies seemed way less buggy and less computer intensive as they once were. Now there was only one thing wrong. There was no Big Macintosh! There was lots of side ponies that had more animations than just the standard stand and trot but yet no Big Mac. I figured I would try my hand at correcting that.

So I tried spriting which I am not all that familiar with. I looked and found a Big Mac sprite, which was unanimated, that I thought looked pretty good and got to work. I changed the face so he looked less depressed and made the back curve less so he would look stronger, then I animated. Here are my results.








Not bad for never really spriting before. The community itself though didn't seem too thrilled with it though. Since it is a really nice community no one outright called me a dumbass but it was hinted at and many people seemed annoyed that I wasn't using the new base macintosh. Now the original Big Mac I found and the new base are both made by the same person but I think the newer one makes Mac look pretty girly. He is supposed to be strong but he looks kinda weak. So when I didn't pick that one, I think I made the right decision. Plus I can always use my sprites if that newer Mac ever does get animated, which people have been talking about doing animations for Big Mac since I first found Desktop Ponies months ago and yet has never happened. I did correct the bucking animation that no one liked, since I messed up the pony anatomy, though I am hesitant to show it to the community since they would probably be annoyed that I'm still trying with this Big Mac instead of the new one. So I will post it here and let whoever finds it here enjoy it. Plus if you are really good you could add the apple in Applejacks folder and have it fall when Big Mac bucks.

3 comments:

  1. please post it
    don't be afraid to make mistakes it the only way to learn and i think Glamador can help you with what he said he is going to do.
    remember there is someone who appreciate your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks yay. It helped me to hear that cause it seemed like only Pony Noia appreciated that I was trying. So I think I will try spriting some more though I think Im ready to move onto another pony. I've drawn enough red and off red pixels to last me for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! XP just saw your bigmacintosh today
    glad to see you still working
    and taking time will help good thinking!
    keep it up
    and Starly just offer you some help
    ;D

    ReplyDelete